The following message is not directed at anyone but I would like to share my experiences for any MMO per se.
The above confrontation is not new.
If you play games long enough. I have been gaming for more than 24 years. My first game? Warcraft, Tomb raider and Starcraft.
Along the way you meet some people who are rude or helpless. Which I can say it's the only 2 categories in any game.
I always feel complaints and remarks usually come from either the person's persona (being rude) or pent-up anger and intolerance (helplessness).
I will not say anything to the community about persona, it's complicated, culture differences and language barrier.
But for pent-up anger, it's a real deal.
There are ways to respond to pent-up anger.
Let me quote examples in BNS about my experiences.
Farming - pain in the neck right? You want to level your stuff and HM level but no one in the guild can do it with you
at your timing
Remember everyone has commitments outside of gaming.
What works for me? static teams. Yes. Before you jump to conclusions, let me highlight the good for static teams.
- You need to make some effort to be friendly and helpful.
- Like minds think alike - you can relate to somebody or you can find someone in the same situation.
- You are free and you do not mind running dungeons you do not need, and let those who need bid for items at "guild pricing"
Watch videos - learn the mechanics
1. You watch runs on how to defeat mushin tower level 20, hell furnance, Naryu.s.
2. Become the party commander, give ques and coordinate teamwork
3. Organize dungeon running without the requirement of clearing the dungeon - it is ok to die, but everyone should learn why.
Running with pubs
1. You cannot speak, read or type Chinese.
2. Request in forum, I am sure there are people like you in same situation.
3. Most likely I will be the one to guide you thru, but I am sure community members will also help out.
Personal objectives is not guild objectives
You want to max out your dark soul weapon stage 12.
You ask for NS runs but no one runs at the same time as you, or have their static teams, or you are isolated.
Know this is your personal objective you set yourself.
Unless your guild leader says "everyone must be at least stage 9" then it's a guild objective.
Find out how to do it with pubs or get like minded people to do it together - make sure timing is right for everyone as well. School and work, etc.
My personal objective is to get my monarch / Longhu to max level and at this time of saying I managed to get the weapon box last night with 2 Guild Members and some Taiwaneses (our static group for NS)
Before this static group was formed, I have to farm my honorary ornaments, etc. it took months given I have a day job. And most of the farming is by doinggn boring dungeons with pubs, he'll island on weekends etc. there were times I get to do it with Guild members as part of their daily challenges or they are farming different stuff for their stage 9-12 weapon.
So you see their personal objectives and mine are not the same but not entirely different.
Basically I am saying, always give everyone you play with a benefit of a doubt. Do not be quick to say or judge, because this very action will get anyone isolated immediately and the news will travel in lightning speed.
I hope everyone can get something out of my sharing. And hope our community will be greater in time to come.
@Kenlinh @kopicha guys keep up the good work, very nice guild administration I see from the brief description! Huat ah!